Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Why do you tend to go astray when your best life is found home with your master?



I have a cute little dog named Charlie Tuna. I adopted him from the streets. One day he just showed up in my yard with a dirty red leash attached. I posted flyers around the neighborhood and posted on Craigslist and no one claimed him. When he first showed up, he was so skinny and weak that he couldn't even jump up on the couch. He was malnourished.  I fixed that problem giving him lots of good food and love.  Now he bounces around with tons of energy. Total contrast from how he was before. I'm in love with the little fellow now, he brings me many smiles and much happiness. Even though I spoil him with lots of love and feed him fancy food and treats, if he gets out front, he takes off down the street to go on a doggy adventure.  The problem is that there is danger out there, especially the cars whizzing down the street. I don't want him to get hit by one, get lost, die of hunger, etc. He's got the best life here. He hit the jackpot when he showed up in my yard. Even though he's got a great doggy life here, he's still prone to wander.  I can't help but see the same characteristics in myself. I too love adventure but I too can get myself in trouble when I stray away from my master.  Life is awesome living close with God but my flesh is still prone to wander even though the best life is with God.  I guess this is not just true in my life but all of our lives if you are a Christian. We have two opposing natures. Our spirits are willing to follow God but our flesh desires to rebel.  Even though the best life is found with God we still tend to stray. That is unless we stay surrendered to the Spirit of God daily and meditate on His word. I'm reminded of this verse........ 

How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word.  Psalm 119:9

Lord, help us to stay close and surrendered to you and your will. It's truly better with you Lord..........

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10



No comments:

Post a Comment