Monday, July 25, 2011

The only way to do great work, is to love what you do

Sometimes life is gonna hit you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for work, as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work, is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking, don't settle. -Steve Jobs Apple Inc.



I love listening to people speak who are doing and have done great things. The ipod changed the world. So did the iphone, etc. I love this speech and I keep what Steve Jobs is saying close to my heart. It's wisdom. It takes risk sometimes to move from the place where you are to the place that you love and want to be. But on the other side of that risk is great reward.

I see so many people that are in the wrong place in regards to their personalities and psychological makeup. Just yesterday we had a waiter that didn't seem so enthusiastic about his job. After talking with him, I discovered that he really didn't like his job and that he wanted to do something else. This just pays the bills. It was obvious that he wasn't happy by his attitude. He was simply in the wrong place to celebrate his natural passions and gifts. Because of this he was going unrewarded for them. I also had to think that although he gets a certain amount of tips because people are nice, I know that he's not getting as much as a enthusiastic happy coworker.

He works twice as hard at what he is doing and gets paid less because he's not in the right career. This is because he is not in the career that truly matches him best.


Find the place that matches you best. Where you have passion for your work. You only live once and only have so much time here on earth. You might as well do what you love.





*If you are inspired by this blog, please subscribe. You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter and at roblovegreen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment