Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Try this for 30 days and see if it doesn't change your life


Humans are governed by our thoughts but not just our conscious thoughts. Much of what we do, feel and think comes from our subconscious mind. The way we see our world is so greatly affected by this. Our perspective on our reality really is more important than our reality. Our deepest held beliefs, about ourselves and others affect everything we do. Our deepest ingrained habits, good or bad also affect our lives so greatly. When you decide to pick up a pencil, you consciously decide to do it, but you don't consciously decide to flex each muscle in order as you reach for it. You decide the goal consciously and your subconscious mind does the rest. Most everything we do is greatly affected by the influence that our subconscious mind has on us. If we have problems with our behavior, we simply have wrong patterns of thinking or bad habits in our subconscious mind. We continue to automaticlly act and think in negative patterns which can hold us back from what we really want. The following exercise is influenced by the book "the new, psycho cybernetics" By Maxwell Maltz It is a way to retrain your subconscious mind with conscious effort over 30 day. A way to develop a more positive outlook by reprogramming your subconscious mental habits.

Start this tomorrow morning. Read out loud to yourself and try to emotionalize each of these self affirmations by visualizing yourself doing and already having attained these new ways of thinking. You can even read them again at lunch or several times but it's important to do this at the same time everyday. It helps with forming the habit. As you do this and begin to think this new way, you will be amazed at what begins to happen in your life.

As you start your day say "I'm beginning the day in a new and better way"

Then consciously decide that throughout the day

1. I will be as cheerful as possible.

2. I will act a little more friendly toward other people.

3. I will be a little less critical and I will be more tolerant towards other people their faults, failings and mistakes. I will place the best possible interpretation on their actions.

4.In so far as possible, I'm going to act as if success were inevitable and I already am the sort of personality I want to be. I will practice acting like and feeling like this new personality.

5.I will not let my own opinion color facts in a pessimistic or negative way

6.I will practice smiling at least 3 times during the day.

7.Regardless of what happens, I will react as calmly and intelligently as possible.

8.I will ignore completely and close my mind to all those pessimistic and negative facts that I can do nothing to change.


Simple? yes, but each of these habitual ways of acting, feeling and thinking has beneficial and constructive influence on your self image. Act them out for 30 days, experience them and see if worry, guilt, hostility has not been diminished, and if confidence has not been increased.


Please also visit me @ roblovegreen.com

2 comments:

  1. Rob. You are bang on target. I have been practising this - if I fall ill or feel a little sick, I tell myself "this shall pass. I will be feeling great tomorrow morning" and the go to sleep. it has worked ALWAYS! for the past 17 years, I have not eaten a single medicine! It works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Na Ved Aham, It has helped me greatly as well. I appreciate your kind inspirational words. Blessings -Rob

    ReplyDelete