Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Green smoothie, Ten minutes a day that can change your life in an amazing way


Right now as I'm writing this, I'm drinking a green smoothie with pear,strawberry,banana,red grapes,collard greens,arugula, spinach,spirulina algae powder, ground raw sunflower seeds, agave syrup. Heavy on the green leafy vegetables. I just threw it in the blender with ice. It's delish! I get about 4 glasses out of one blender full and drink them throughout my morning. It's so yummy! These super high nutrient raw plant foods are energy rich and life giving! Healing the body with phytochemicals,enzymes,vitamins, minerals and fiber to cleanse the digestive tract.

I use a coffee grinder to grind my raw pumpkin, sunflower,flax seeds. When you grind them in increases digestion of them. Good fats help increase the absorption of all the nutrients.

This all started when I went to see the "green smoothie girl" speak at Lassen's last week. She spoke about ten minutes a day that can change your life. I liked what she said and it went along with my goal for vibrant health so I decided to create the habit. This is day 4 and I'm loving the effects. I have more energy and feel great. When you eat raw plant foods a lot of great things happen. This is because the live enzymes, phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals contained. When you chew greens such as collards, spinach etc much of the healing properties are released. When you blend them, it's like chewing, breaking up the cell walls and releasing the nutrients, making it easy to digest and for your body to use. My goal is 1 blender full, about 3-4 glasses. Leafy greens are the highest nutrient lowest calorie foods. Green smoothing girl did a study, giving green smoothies to people and here are some benefits of drinking a daily green smoothie. 95% of people noticed improvement in health/quality of life, 84% are so enthusiastic about it that they share it with others, 85% received more energy, 54% more positive,stable mood, 98.5% better digestion, 50% improvement in skin tone, 65% fewer cravings for sweets, 50% weight loss (average of 18.25 lbs) After hearing these results, I was like "I WANT SOME OF THAT!" I have already been eating more raw foods, this is another step in that direction. It takes 20 to 30 days to create a new habit. Our daily habits are either carrying us toward our goals for the life we want or away. I'm committed to create this habit. There is absolutely no logical reason why I shouldn't.

Update: It's day 19 and I've drank almost a blender full of green smoothie daily. I'm feeling so much better and lost a bunch of weight quickly. Because of the high nutrient foods and high fiber, I don't get hungry. Most evenings, I am eating a plate of vegetables with olive oil, fresh crushed garlic and feta, but have also had some meat and very little bread. During this time I have also stepped up my workout routine. I'm still excited about green smoothies because I know that they are energizing and healing my body.



****** Update August 7, 2013

So you want to start drinking green smoothies but don't have a lot to spend on a blender?  Well this is your lucky day. :)  Check out my new blog on how you can get a great blender for only $60.00 dollars. 
I just bought one and it's awesome!  Here's the link

"Start improving your health with this awesome blender for less than $60.00 Dollars"


Also please visit me @ roblovegreen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment