Wednesday, November 3, 2010

why not you?


So, you see someone or something that inspires you. You say to yourself "I wish I could do that". "I wish I could have that kind of job" or "I wish I could own that business", well why not you? You may say "I wish I could help children" or "I wish I could make an impact like that" "I wish I could dig wells in Africa" where some people have to walk miles just for clean water. Or maybe, "I wish I could clothe the homeless and help the poor". "I wish I could affect public policy by having influence in politics" "I wish I could be on stage or act in movies". "I wish I could work in Hollywood". "I wish I could be a well known artist". "I wish I could be a famous writer". "I wish I could do what I love and make money while doing it". "I wish I could own a cattle ranch". "I wish I could ride the rodeo bulls". I wish I could......... And the list goes on.

Well, as long as they are positive things worthy of pursuit, why not you?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

You cannot be something you are not, but you can become something you are not. We are all becoming, the question is what are we becoming? Are we finding our true self and living out our passions or are we living out someone elses. It's true that we all have limitations. No one can be great at everything. It's the way God designed it and it makes us all valuable. We all need each other. But even though we have real limitations, most people operate far below their actual limitations. The have so much more potential just awaiting to be discovered. I truly believe that we all contain genius, just awaiting our recognition. What is unrecognized goes uncelebrated. What we don't celebrate about ourselves will not be celebrated by others. Others will only mirror our own beliefs about ourselves. When we discover a gift, talent or skill inside ourselves and begin to celebrate it, it begins to surface and others will eventually celebrate it too. You cannot expect others to celebrate something in you that you haven't. You must recognize your own greatness and believe in yourself before others will. I promise that there is greatness in you. There is greatness in every human being, installed there by the creator. But it's your job to discover it. So when you see someone or something that inspires you, and you wish you were doing what they were doing or had something ask yourself "why not me?" Why can't you become this thing or have this thing that you wish for? Wishes don't usually get much but good decisions coupled with passion and focus can do wonders. You will surprise yourself, I promise. Step out in faith and pursue that dream you have within. Eliminate fear by doing something even though you may be fearful. Just do it. Why not you? Read my blog "Failure is your friend"


**Hey everyone! I'm working on my first book and it will be out in 2011. The goal is to get them into the prisons to hopefully inspire positive life change. If you like my blog then you will love my book. In the meantime, please subscribe to my blog so you can stay updated. If you prefer email, then you can join my email list at my website below.
I really appreciate your support in all my artistic endeavors. -Rob

book ad gif

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." -Helen Keller

Please visit me @ http://roblovegreen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment