Monday, June 28, 2010

Design your life, or life will design you




I know from being someone officially diagnosed with "ADHD" plans are what I could definitely benefit from. In fact, although I have known about "writing down your goals" and viewing them daily for many years, I have always kinda just kept my goals in my head. This has allowed me to get distracted and sometimes lose focus on what is important to me. I've gone off course because of this. I'm currently in the process of writing down a vision for my life, my values and large and small goals that line up with my vision/values. I do of course believe that the Holy Spirit is helping me in this area. I believe that God gave us a mind to think and plan and I know I feel much more confident and happy when I set out on a plan. Honestly, It's been the times of my life when I would pray daily "Lord, what's your will?" "lead me today Lord." that I felt most confused. The bible says that the steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord, so He is leading me, I don't have to pray it, I know it, because He is faithful to His word. Goals are healthy and responsible. I trust in God's ultimate sovereignty, but to say that "God's in control" of everything is to not take responsibility for ones own success. Somehow God's sovereignty and mans responsibility is a mystery because they seem to contradict, yet the bible teaches both. If you want success in any area of your life, you have to take responsibility for success in these areas. God will not do it for you. In Joshua 1:8 it says "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." Notice it says "if you meditate on God's word, then you will be prosperous and successful? Also in Ecclesiastes 10:10 it says "Using a dull ax requires great strength, so sharpen the blade. That's the value of wisdom; it helps you succeed." It's your choice to get wisdom that will in turn, bring you success. One area of my goals includes a daily study of God's word. So necessary for true success. Other areas of my goals include self improvement. Eliminating bad habits, and developing good ones. Habits that lead to a successful life. Would you build a house without a plan? Think about how that would turn out. So why would one want to build a life without a plan? So I guess my point is that if you fail to plan your life, then life will plan you. If you don't know what kind of life you want, then any life will do. If you don't know where you are going, then any road will get you there. That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Write down your goals/plans then live into your plan. Based on wisdom, you and God design your life. Review your goals daily so you can stay on target. If you do this, you will join the minority, many who are very wealthy and successful. The better, more successful that you become, the more people you will be able to help. I know that I want to change the world in a positive way. I know that this begins with changing myself. You can't be something that you are not, but you can become something that you are not. God bless you! -Rob

Please subscribe and repost this to your facebook and Twitter friends :)

You can also visit me @ truecolors.lifeyo.com

'book

1 comment:

  1. Great article! Thank you for the friendly reminder of writing things down. As a writer myself this should be easy for me. In fact it is easy.. but I get too easily distracted and involved in the business of life, that I sometimes fail to plan. And when you fail to plan..you plan to fail.

    Thank you for your uplifting words! Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete